The flexible account is only available in the following currencies: British Pounds Sterling, US Dollars, Euros and Chinese Yuan. Statements are available on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
This account bears interest which will be settled quarterly and will be added to the principal automatically at the end of each quarter. For more information about interest rates, please contact one of our or visit our website at http://www.icbclondon.com/bulletin/other/rate_english.pdf. There is no interest paid on balances of less than 100 British Pound Sterling.
1. Lump sum cash withdrawals
If you wish to make a large cash withdrawal over 3, 000.00 British Pound Sterling, please inform us one working day in advance so that we can ensure we have the cash available. We also require that you bring your passport with you for identification purposes.
In order to apply for a bank account, you will need to bring a valid passport or other valid photo ID (non UK applicants must bring a valid passport and Visa) as well as proof of address (as detailed in the table below) to one of our offices. Applicants will also need to complete an account application form, our in branch staff will assist you with this.
||Proof of address |
Non UK citizens
Valid passport (with photo, signature and valid Visa if applicable)
- Full driving licence (with photo and signature)
- Bank statement provided by other banks within last 3 months.)
- Utility bill (within last 3 months. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- Council Tax bill (within current tax year)
- Benefit book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the right to benefits.(within last 6 months)
- Letter from Employer or University certifying your identity and current address in the UK and the permanent residence in your country.
- Mortgage statement (within last 3 months)
Either a valid passport (with photo and signature ) or another valid photo identity document e.g. UK Photocard Driving Licence
One document can only be used as one proof, for example, if we have taken your full UK driving licence as your proof of ID, we will not be able to use the same document as your proof of address.
3. Other Information
You need to be over 16 to be able to apply for a bank account.
4. Our Office
81 King William Street, London EC4N 7BG
Telephone Number: 020 7397 8884
Fax: 020 7397 8877
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 09:30 – 16:00